FB Crane Builders & Repairs (Pty) Ltd was established by Frans Best in 1992. The company, which had two employees then, now employs in the region of 80 staff members and operates from a 16 000m² factory in Bergvlei Road, Wadeville, on Gauteng's East Rand, and from a 900m² factory at the Acbo Industrial Park, in Rustenburg.
FB Crane Builders & Repairs (Pty) Ltd offers a unique combination of products and services for the manufacture and maintenance of overhead and lifting equipment. The company's New Cranes Department produced an average of 70 cranes per year, and the Maintenance Team are continuously obtaining Lifting Machinery Inspectors' certifications.
FB Crane Builders & Repairs is also an ISO 9001:2015 certified company and it’s consistent focus on product development has seen it develop it’s own in-house brand: the Amandla/TBM Steel Wire Rope Hoists and Amandla Electric Chain Hoists.
What would happen to your business if your Crane broke down today?
Think about it for a second – your business depends on the performance of your heavy lifting equipment. What would happen if your Business came to a standstill because of a simple breakdown that could have easily been avoided?
If you own lifting equipment, FB Cranes, your partner in lifting machinery safety and compliance, can help your Business;
Keep your people safe and your business compliant
7 Reasons why you should choose FB Cranes
- We value Quality and Customer Satisfaction that’s why we are ISO 9001:2015 certified, and SANS compliant. We are leading experts in the Manufacturing and Lifting Industry and our team has over 100 years of joint industry experience. We are one of the founding members of the CMA (Crane Manufacturing Association); and a member of the Lifting Equipment Engineering Association of South Africa (LEEASA).
- To cater for our customers’ production and emergency requirements – we offer a 24 hours breakdown service.
- We are an approved Lifting Machinery Entity (LME) for examining and testing of lifting machinery and lifting tackle by Department of Labour – Reference no: LME095.
- By actively participating in the Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment policies we have reached Level 2 B-BBEE Status and continue to support the government’s transformation targets.
- We value our team’s development so that they can provide world class services – We have received a Top Training award from Merseta for our development initiatives relating to Manufacturing, Load testing, Servicing and Repairs of Overhead Cranes and Lifting equipment. We have multiple registered Lifting Machinery Inspectors (LMIs) who can help our customers maintain their lifting equipment.
- We are a valuable partner in the manufacturing industry and have been awarded a Level 5ME CIDB Status (Construction Industry Development Board).
- We are a responsible and safety conscious employer – We have a valid letter of good standing with Federated Employers’ Mutual Assurance Company Limited (FEM).
Mathew started at FB Cranes in 1995 as an assistant and progressed to completing his Millright Apprenticeship becoming FB Cranes first Lifting Machinery Inspector. He is now the Managing Director of FB Cranes.
Vusi , also know as Simon joined FB Cranes as a Lifting Tackle Inspector in 1997 and then progressed to managing stores and spares. Vusi is now FB Cranes Procurement Director.
Timothy started as a Crane Technician and moved to sales as a Sales rep. He now leads the company's growth heading up the Sales and Marketing Team as Sales and Marketing Director.
As a registered LMI Jacques was introduced to the team in 2003 assisting internal sales. He was promoted to North West Branch Manager and now oversees FB Cranes entire Service department.
Renier joined FB Cranes in 2014 and he successfuliy manages and coordinates eleven teams of highly qualified maintenance, load testing and repair technicians.
Thembani started as a Clerk in 2014 in internal sales. She is now the Internal sales Supervisor where she manages internal sales for both the Wadeville and Rustenburg departments.
FB Cranes maintains all our (Harmony) lifting equipment on the mine which includes servicing, repairs, load testing and replacements of all our lifting equipment. They do a 3 monthly check on all our cranes underground and on surface. They are available 24 hours for breakdowns and are very prompt with their service.
MAN Diesel and Turbo has dealt with FB Cranes for a number of years during which time they have provided MAN with excellent support in the areas of lifting equipment. We can confidently recommend F B Cranes as a solid and reliable supplier and experts in their field.
Minopex has used FB Cranes for the supply and maintenance of all our lifting equipment and overhead cranes. They are also the supplier of choice used to source and update our legal files when it comes to load testing and the supply of boatswain chains and general attachments. I can truly commit to saying that they are an exceptional quality company. They are always available should there be a need for them. Their pricing on equipment is competitive and the quality of their after sales service is exceptional.